Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Deja Vu

The Schrage house has actually been pretty uneventful the last couple weeks. The last several weekends we have been able to enjoy just relaxing at home most of the time. Two weeks ago, Doug and I went down to catch the Iowa State/Texas Tech game in Ames. I think we picked the best game to watch too, besides the blowing wind! (Doug even had the lady sitting beside us covering him up with her extra blanket, plus his own blanket) Grandma had already planned for Ava to come to her house for a sleepover and it just happened to work out great for us to go to the game so Quinnie got to sleep at Grandma's house too for the very first time. I don't think Grandma was ready for her to get up at 3:30 a.m. and play though! We (mostly Doug) have been working this past week at getting the yard raked. I love all our beautiful trees in our yard but it can be a B when its time to clean them all up. Kind-off like the inside of my house, I love how nice it looks when everything's clean, I just hate doing it!

Quinnie was just hanging out in her exersaucer and her buddy Cooper decied it looked like a pretty good time and decided to join her! He is such a good puppy and every night when Ava goes to bed, he walks in and lays right beside her bed.

We have been trying a new rule chart at home. Ava helped me create 10 rules that she must follow. If she breaks the rules she has a list of consequences with the last one being getting a toy taken away for 4 days. If she follows all the rules she gets to put a sticker on her sticker chart and after 10 stickers she gets a new book. She just got her first book Monday night and was very excited. But I don't think it sunk in because Tuesday night she spent 15 minutes in timeout! Kizzy started a sticker chart at daycare too and so far she is 2 for 2 on getting stickers! I just need to keep telling myself that it will get better and eventually she will turn into this well mannered, polite, quiet little girl, and I'm guess that will happen when she's about 28.

I titled this post Deja Vu because I think I have a picture very similar to this from last year's Fire Safety Day in Rockford, except this year it was beautiful out! Last year poor little Dilly was just a baby and had to be all bundled up in the stroller. This year he got to ride the fire truck! Yahoo!

Watch out Ava I've been waiting for this!

Grandma and Mini Dougie learning all about fire safety.

My 2 cents: While we were at fire safety day, SEVERAL people were lighting up their cigs either right outside the fire house or even INSIDE the fire house. Come on people, I know most of you just came down here for the free light bulb and hot dogs to feed your kids that look like they haven't bathed in about 2 weeks but seriously? You can't wait to smoke until you are away from a large crowd of people celebrating a day to prevent fires? I'm not trying to stereotype but people that smoke can be very inconsiderate sometimes. I know that we are not in a confined building but I don't think if my poor 5 month old baby had the choice she would like to take a nice puff on that smoke stick your holding so don't hang it out there 3 feet away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment