Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Saweet Sixteen (Actually 26) Party

 Disclaimer: The following post gets less Rated PG and more Rated Ridiculous as it goes on. You have been warned.

Doug totally threw me for a loop when last Friday he surprised me with an awesome birthday party. I know my Mom, and best friends had quite the hand in it because there is no way in hell he could ever pull something like this off. But he did do a pretty awesome job by lining up his cousin Mickey to come with his amazing karaoke setup. Of course we owned that pretty hardcore.

A typical Caden picture. They are few and far between and when he does decide to pose for one this is what I get, the stink eye with a pouty lip.

 And a picture of two adorable siblings enjoying a party, forgettaboutit.
 Quinn had a great time getting passed along and chowing down on some grub.
 It wouldn't be a party without kids and margarita's! Am I right or what?
 Don't get your panties in a wad, it was just grape juice Margarita's with only half the tequila we usually use.
 The karaoke started and the night was off.
Uncle Tony and Aunt Heather belting out some tunes
 Aunt Sam and Uncle Jesse brought me a delicious cake that was devoured in about half an hour.
 Aunt Dany is going to loove this!
 The sisters went with Dylan and Baby Cole to their Grandma Janets house to spend the night but Caden stayed for the whole embarrassing shebacle. I can guarantee he has some memories that may come back to haunt him some day.
 Grandma and Cody cutting a rug.
 Slowly the party started turning into a party with mainly Doug's buddies. I'm thinking it was mostly a little stab in the back to me for not having a 30th birthday party for him. (Even though he clearly said he didn't want one, to only hear from him afterwards, "I can't believe you didn't have a party for me.") But most of them are actually a pretty good time so no complaints here.
 Especially when I have these girls to hang out with all night anyway! Men are different, they have lots of buddies that they may see every once in awhile. Women on the other hand, as they get older (as is my case) their circle of  best girlfriends gets a little smaller but even closer. I usually don't go more than 2 days without talking to these amazing women. We rock, 'nuff said.
 And especially this woman who gets to be my sister and my friend. And who clearly pinched me somewhere to do that to my face....
 Dancing, Drinking, reminiscing, what could be better? Thank you to everyone who came to the party and helped a husband in need. I think it was a success by the email I got from Tarah:

Tarah: I had the time of my life too. It totally felt like I was at a party in high school (maybe because we used to party there in high school). No care in the world, singing nasty songs that I suck at and not giving a rip what anybody thought of me=amazing!

I hope that you like I use your emails for blog fodder :)



I had to....

Also, I told my mom that no one ever comments on my blog and I felt like a loser. So she started commenting away (Thanks Mom). Now I feel like a loser because the only one who comments on my blog is my mother.....

So Mom, (seriously anyone can comment but I doubt they will) what was the last thing you did that reminded you of something from your past ? 

3 comments:

  1. Ummm...your birthday party...HELLO!

    Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much pressure to comment now! I can say your birthday party, but you did clearly state the last thing, and the party was a few weeks ago. So, I have been pondering.....I don't know how far back in my past. Last week was the Floyd County Fair. This always reminds me of fair days from my youth! We were pretty much a 4-H family. Even though we didn't camp there like so many do now, we left at 6A and returned around 11P everynight. Grandma (my Mom) would park it at the 4-H food building at a table where we would check in through the day and get more money. No wonder they never had any money other times of the year since they spent a wad during those 5 days. I did various projects and demonstrations as well as showing a calf. The very first time - right before showmanship, the calf decided to blow his nose all over my nice, clean white 4-H shirt. I was only in 4th grade, so it was devastating. I don't even remember how I did, so guess it really didn't matter. My cousin Lorraine and I owned that fairgrounds and in the evenings, the midway was ours. Back in the day, the midway was full of rides, games and vendors. She was Miss popular and always had a boyfriend to ride the ferris wheel and hold hands with. So, I got stuck with her little brother (yes my cousin, younger by 1 year) as my sit in boyfriend. After a few years, he drew the line with holding hands! But he put up with us. Of course, I always had a crush on a different farm boy, so we spent lots of time stalking and trying to get up the nerve to say "hi". Grandpa (my Dad) was always involved in the livestock events and the big show on Saturday night - the tractor pull. Sunday, we spent the day tearing down and selling calves at the auction. In high school, I ran for Floyd County fair queen 2 years in a row. Both years I came in third - what does that tell me? No - there were not only 3 running either. Usually about 10 - but still, I couldn't even get to 2nd? Twice was enough...
    Ok, well not sure if you asked for that large of a comment, but I am getting older and my memory is going, so probably good to put some of these into writing!
    On another note...that party was sweet! I enjoyed myself (not too much - no hangover) and always have a good time with your friends! At least we weren't the oldest there - Grandma Shook was there, drinking beer till at least 11:00P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. I gotta comment.... Nothing huge or awe-inspiring though. I'll save that for another day.
    Today & yesterday I had to traipse around a couple college campuses (for work). It brought me back flashbacks of both UNI and DMACC. ---although now I really feel old, because those students look about 16!!!

    Aunt Vicky

    ReplyDelete