Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Procrastination

What would I rather do than things that have been adding and adding to my to-do list like paying bills and doing responsible adult things? Blog of course! The other weekend we planned to go visit Tony, Heather and Charlotte for an evening BBQ. But what do you do when the weather is beautiful, the dishes are adding up in the sink, and three kids need to get out of the house?


You pack up 1 brother with Star Wars book in hand.





1 Baby ready for a car inducing snooze.




1 Sister in a "lets go" attitude.


1 Mom who is very into One Day A Weekend No Showers.



And 1 Dad with a constant, "What the hell did I get myself into?" look on his face.


Then you get this: Amazing park playing weather, with a baby that could swing for hours,



Ava girl who can't wait for summer when her Mom doesn't have to pick out her clothes anymore and she can come up with her own "creations",

Caden, who can fully embrace his weird-dorky side because know one who cares is around to see it,

A pair of siblings actually playing together and enjoying it,



Quinn's chubby toes finally dangling free,



and a boy and his dog on an early afternoon stroll. And all of this was before Tony or Heather even got home!


Daddy and Quinn.



Mommy and Quinn with an oh so serious face.





Miss Charlotte - 5 months.


Char, Grandma, and Quinn.

Poor Heather, she has to go from being an only child with complete one on one attention to a simple BBQ with the Schrage family turning into the entire Shook family (boyfriends included) showing up to grill and fill every nook and cranny of their little house.


Final Dose of Adorable

This is my version of the teething ring. This night nothing was working, no Cheerios, snuggles, cold washcloths, the girl wasn't having it. So I pull out the delicious cherry Popsicle and away she goes. Heaven on a stick.


5 Things I'm Digging Right Now: Claire De Lune radio on Pandora (it makes me feel calm and classy), Peeps, new shoes and undies from Grandma, Easter Egg Hunts, J. Biebs dance parties


5 Things I'm NOT Digging: My sore eyeballs telling me I've clearly been staring at this screen too long, snow in April, alarm clocks, socks, Easter Sunday church service with........ava


So I get the impression sometimes people read my blog? I put the question mark because really I know I right this for myself but have no idea beside a group of three, yes three followers and would love to hear feedback if anyone is out there (insert echo here). Remain anonymous if you like but...


What is your favorite food that is in one word, heaven?

5 comments:

  1. Shrimp Scampi with hot Red Lobster biscuits (I know - two items)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently: the new peeps that are bottom-dipped in chocolate....the best of both worlds!
    Okay i gotta figure this site out when I'm on a fullsize computer. Hard to flip screens on a nook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it! That last anonymous post was from your Aunt Vicky...this one was too.

    ReplyDelete