Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Obviously I am not doing a very good job at keeping up with this blog and I know it's only going to get worse after the new baby comes.
The Schrage family has had a pretty good winter so far. In December we spent Friday nights at Caden's wrestling tournaments. His last tournament he got first place and was pretty proud as you can tell in the picture. He has really improved this year but his sportsmanship has not! His first tournament he spent balling after every match. Not good! But I think he's starting to learn that it's just for fun and you can't win every time.
Ava had a winter party night at preschool before Christmas too. She had to show mom and dad all around her school like she runs the place. She got to have a Christmas party at dance too with a $3 Gift Exchange. Do you know how hard it is to find a gift for $3??
Christmas seemed like it came and went so fast. This is the first year we woke up on Christmas morning not at Grandma & Grandpa's house. It was actually pretty nice just relaxing with our little family in the morning. Santa and his elves must have been pretty tired though because Caden got an air hockey table that looked like it came in 200 pieces and Ava got a play kitchen that appeared to be even worse. Good thing those elves have such nimble fingers! Ava really got into Christmas this year and even sat on Santa's lap at the mall. We sang Christmas songs and ate our Advent calendar chocolate daily. Corny alert: It really is true when they say Christmas is so much more enjoyable through a child's eyes. Her favorite expression while opening presents was, "I knew I wanted this!". Except for the ornament from Godfather Adam, which got a, "I didn't want this". But don't worry Adam she just told me the other day, "You know that ornament Adam got me? Well I guess I want it."

The baby has been growing, or maybe it's just me that's growing. It kicks all the time and really is amazing to feel. I have had some back and hip pain the last couple weeks but have started going to the chiropractor and that has really helped. My doctor did tell me, "You know your not as young as you were the first time." Thanks for the reminder but I'm only 24! I go today for my montly appointment so hopefully, I will update with any news from that.


Caden - 1st Place at Northwood Tournament

Doug and the kids went to the tree farm and cut down this beautiful tree. Thankfully they rode in the car on the way home.


Ava and Mommy Christmas Eve. She looks so old in this picture, it breaks my heart!

Getting ready to open presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment