Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

I can start to finally sees the signs of spring peaking through! This week it has been so nice out. We have been able to grill out a few nights and get some work done around the house. The kids have been spending lots of time out in the yard and Ava has "re-met" the neighbor girls that she played with a couple times this fall. I think they might get sick of her by the end of the summer!

Big news for Ava is that she finally quit sucking her thumb! Hooray! It only took three days of Mommy putting Thum (the icky tasting stuff) on her thumbs and she hasn't sucked them since. I have caught her once while she was sleeping with it in, but you gotta give the girl a break, it has been a long road to get her this far. Let's just say I think I will give this baby a pacifier! Now of course she is making sure Grandpa pulls through with his deal to get her a pony if she quit. I'm just trying to think of a bad habit I have that I could get a pony for.
The new baby is still growing and getting bigger. This week marks my 34th week, so only 6 more to go! I know it will go very fast! I have my bucket list of things to get done before the baby (including Ava getting cut off the thumb!) and have been whittling it away.We have almost everything ready, and we can't wait to meet him/her. Ava talks to the baby all the time and has to give it a hug and a kiss every day!
Obviously not the best picture of me and is a month or so old, but lets be honest this is what I look like most of the time, but here I am with the belly that has now doubled in size. I am horrible about taking pictures of myself when I'm pregnant, I'll be the first to admit! But we are having maternity pictures taken next week so I do get a little credit right?
Ava's 4th Birthday Party!

Ava had a great 4th birthday weekend, yes back in February. At preschool she brought all the ingredients and her and her friends got to make a birthday cake. (That's what I call an easy birthday treat!) Since her birthday is only two days before Valentine's Day she gets to think that all the parties are for her! She did get to have her own party at our house with all her cousins. She wanted to have a Little Mermaid party so Mommy made crab salad sandwitches, shell pasta salad, blue jello with fish in it, and a big sand castle cake. From Mommy and Daddy she got her own kid friendly camera and has already wore the batteries out on it with all her cool pics! I can't believe that she is already four years old. It honestly does feel like yesterday that I brought her home from the hospital thinking you and me little baby against the world! Look how far we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment