Ava had a preschool program at school on Tuesday night. She did such a great job singing! Grandpa and Sara got to come watch too (Grandma is in Mexico right now, rough life I know), so of course she had to show them her classroom and all around her school. Here she is on the playground after the program. We have been loving the beautiful weather!
Here she is cheesing as usual! They had a nice little party afterwards with all kinds of goodies. You can just call me Betty Crocker as in the last two weeks I have made over 6 dozen treats for a bake sale and this party. Plus Ava got to bring snack on Thursday and we brought a very healthy mix of celery, cucumbers and carrots. She is all about eating healthy snacks lately. I can't say so much for myself as the Culver's custard is always calling my name! I have the Flavor of the Day calendar sitting nicely on my desk at work and it doesn't help that our office is only two blocks away!
Here she is singing away at the program to one of her favorite songs, The Peanut Butter Song. The only reason I think it's her favorite is the last verse is "peanut butter in your underwear". She does have some pretty classy favorites though, just a couple weeks ago she requested at school to sing "Pants on the Ground".
I made a stupid/bold decision this year to host Easter at our house for the Shook side of the family. 43 people later it actually turned out great! It did give me an excuse to get my house completely cleaned from top to bottom, literally the ceiling fan to Doug's basement man bathroom. So all of the spring cleaning got done before this baby comes which is a nice sigh of relief. I made my first hams (three to be exact) and the weather really cooperated as it turned out to be a beautiful day and everybody got to be outside most of the time. We had a big Easter Egg Hunt for all the kids and had a couple bean bag games going on for the adults. Heck maybe I'll do this every year!
Ava Easter Morning showing off all the eggs she found. She kept saying when she was looking for them, "That Easter Bunny is really sneaky!"
Doug got to continue to play Mr. Mom the last couple of weeks while I continued to work weekends since it was Tax Season and all. So he got to take Ava to the Easter Egg Hunt in Rockford. He said they told the kids to just get 10 eggs. After they said go, he looked over and Ava's basket was heaping full, so she had to dump most of them out so some of her friends could get some! Then when she went up to the Easter Bunny, she said " Hey there's a guy in an Easter Bunny costume!" She knows the real Easter Bunny would never have that cheesy grin on his face all the time!Baby Schrage is still cooking. I had an appointment on Tuesday and I am measuring right where I am suppose to be at 37 weeks. Of course everybody that sees me says that I look huge, so I try to avoid public places. Hehe! I have gotten to the point that I am ready to be done being pregnant. I have no energy at the end of the day and I just feel like a human oven.
Doug and I took a childbirth education class the last two weeks and got to tour the birth center at the hospital. This past weekend I got the bassinet set up, all the bottles washed and sanitized, and other odd things finished up. It is still a little surreal that in 3 weeks we will have a little baby to add to our family. Even though this isn't my first baby I am still very nervous with having another little one around. I know, just as it did with Ava everything will fall into place!
No comments:
Post a Comment