The following pictures you may think show an overview of our amazing summer but actually they are just what went down in the Schrage house the last week in July and the first week of August. That's how we roll!
Grandma brought Charlotte over one night so they could experience the awesomeness that is the Nora Springs pool. They were impressed!
Ava and her little cousin Char.
Char Char the sassy baby boobie girl!
Then the next night Danyel and Baby Brett wanted to get in on the N.S. Pool action. This was his first time swimming ever and of course he loved it. Probably because I was there.
Top Five most favorite summer pictures.
The pouty lips just kill me.
This week we were at the pool 4 out of the five nights. I thought the other day while we spent the last day the pool was open letting our fingers get wrinkled, "Will I still spend days at the pool when my girls are grown?" And sadly I probably won't unless I become a cougar of course and want to hit on all the lifeguards.
Me and my first baby.
The orange skirt, the grey shirt, the head tilt, all Ava girl.
One Saturday I talked Ava into having a lemonade stand. We worked hard at making that awesome sign and creating the perfect mix of lemonade/drink mix from Walmart. And then what happened? A miracle! The brother came up from the boy cave and sat at the stand with her for over three hours! I'm just going to pretend that was how well they got along all summer. They actually made $20 too! Doug told me I needed to get out there and supervise when as he put it, "Ava was jewing people out of money." I'm not trying to use politically incorrect terms here or anything but I think the customers knew what they were getting themselves into when they saw the rough looking kids sitting there.
That Saturday night Tarah threw an awesome surprise 30th birthday party for Ryan with a party bus to take us around to all the hot spots of North Iowa. We all had a great time even though my five chins in this picture don't think so.
The birthday boy and his blushing bride!
Another failed attempt at a picture of Dougie and I.
Ava hounds and harasses Grandpa to let her ride the pony while he sits watching the latest NASCAR race. (I never said we weren't white trash) until he finally comes out to the barn to hook a girl up. And she is stiiillll waiting for her pony...
This is one of about ten pictures of her showing her trick riding skills. She can sit bare back, stand on top, sideways, whatever. Yeeha!
And it wouldn't be a good White Trash summer day without a baby chilling in her diaper, Luv's diaper to be exact.
Of course that kitten wants to take a ride in a dog bowl on top of your lap while swinging on the swing set!
The next week Ava had vacation bible school at our church in Rockford. She had a another good year and got to bring home lots of random crafts for me to secretly throw away. Does anybody out there actually keep all the crap your kids come home with? Char got to come too to watch the final program.
My girl. She rules.
Another Saturday morning Quinnie and I got up extra early and did a 5K! We walked with Tarah and Lyla and Tarah's cousin Sabrina and her cutie pie Ellie. Can't you tell Lyla girl is excited?
Lyla (10 months), Ellie (11 months), and Quinn (15 months)
Alright so we did come in last place but we had the cutest "runners" right?
Then that Sunday Ava and I rode down to Ankeny with the Paulus family to celebrate Baby Brett's baptism.
After church we went to Godfather's for some delicious pizza and a beautiful cake homemade by Brett's Mama. Can you see Baby Brett's cyclone socks? Go State!






















No comments:
Post a Comment