Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rockwell - The Lonely Campground

 I'm back to backlogging on the blog. Whoa that's a mouthful. I guess I've just been in a blogging funk and maybe a bit depressed that all in one week I had to return from vacation (post to come) and send my baby to kindergarten tomorrow, so it's alot to take in. I told my friend Tarah that it wasn't really that big of a deal since she's already gone to preschool two years, in which her reply was, "Your totally going to lose it." Last night we practiced walking to and from the bus stop all by herself. As she fast paced walked with her chest up and a serious face hiding a "I Rule" smile underneath I had to say out loud to myself in the van, "Keep it together girlfriend."
So I'm just going to pretend that tomorrow isn't going to happen and go back to mid July for another camping adventure.


We camped again with the Howe's, our pretty much lone camping buddies. I love camping with them because Laura and I have the almost exact same parenting philosophy. Which is very relaxed and care free and what fun stuff can we do with 6 kids? And then every once in awhile we pull out a wash cloth and wipe a face off. It works like magic!

 We were the only people at the Rockwell campground. I'm talking the ENTIRE campground. In a way it was kind of creepy at night (Hello serial killer, perfect opportunity) but overall it was awesome just letting the kids ride their bikes, run to the park, whatever without always having to yell out, "Get off the road!"
 Dylan is definitely not a baby anymore. (I'm sure that breaks Laura's heart reading that) He wants to be with the big kids all the time even if Caden steals his tricycle and he has to ride Quinn's lame push toy.
 On Saturday Laura and I took the kids to the new Rockwell pool. They all had a blast. Quinn loved going down the kiddie slide even if I did get some looks from the other parents clearly saying, "Whoa lady your baby is probably way to little to go down that and is practically drowning at the end." She's fine people, labored breathing is no big deal.
 Two beach beauties catching some rays.
 Quinn actually took about an hour and a half snooze at the pool. Talk about relaxed!
 If I could describe our summer with one picture this one might have to be it. Two tanned girls slurping up some melting ice cream cones on an extremely hot day while dancing away only to pause quick to snap a picture.
 While we were at the pool Caden and Dad were enjoying their version of summer bliss, fishing. Even though Doug has truly never been a fisherman at all, last year I got him for Father's Day a couple poles, tackle box and your basic lure set. All that stuff I got paid for itself with this one afternoon. They caught fish after fish. All small ones but we wouldn't know what to do with a big one anyway. Caden was in heaven with no little sister around to annoy him while he just got to cast and drink Fanta all afternoon.
 When we came back from the pool he even was kind enough to let Ava cast a couple times and what do you know she caught one too!
 Mosquito City
 You know your camping when you at the playground in your jammies.
Quinnie did a lot better this time camping. She slept good in the camper, ran around getting into anything she could during the day and chowed down on all the delicious camping food in between. By Sunday night the girl was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment