If your reading this blog and you haven't been living under a rock for the past several months you are probably already a Pinterest addict. It really is a pretty simple and easy concept, practically Google with a place to put stuff. But I love it either way. its made me fatter and craftier, nothing to complain about there!
Before Christmas I started doing theme nights for weekday dinners. I get groceries every Monday night and have my schedule and list all planned out, which makes shopping easier and helps cut down on the bill since I'm not buying a bunch of random groceries.
This Monday night was Kid's Choice, which really meals a kid-friendly meal that I choose, because if I left it up to Ava and Quinn every single week it would switch between shrimp and cookies.
I saw this idea on Pinterest for doing an ice cube dinner. It was a huge hit!!
Their compartments were filled with banana's, hot dog's, celery, mac & cheese, and even a compartment for ketchup and a special dessert treat.
Of course Quinn had to dig into her "special treat" first!
This girl is getting so big and is quite the little copycat.
These two are the best of pals and get along so well together. I know that's not going to be the case in about 10 years or even shorter, but for now I will soak it all in!
Quinner has her absolute favorite books and they sadly have gotten very tattered. She loves a good read!
Ava, the human fish, who would stay in the tub for hours if I let her.
The girls had already seen Santa with Grandma in Greene, but had to stop and say "hi" when he stopped at the Nora Springs bank before Christmas. I loved Ava's spirit this Christmas season
Quinn was a little leery at first but slowly warmed up to Santa, especially since he was packing gifts.
Another adorable Pinterest idea:
I thought Quinn would be able to help more but she ended up doing her own finger painting instead.
I bought a pack of white canvas's and some paint and drew a random black line across. Ava took her turn dipping her fingertips in the paint making a cute painting of a string of Christmas lights.
Very serious about her work.
Ava girl enjoying some Christmas craft time
On December 18th we drove up to Minneapolis to see the Vikings game with Dustin & Laura. I actually surprised Doug and didn't tell him about it until the night before. We had an awesome time all day and even got to catch up with my friend Kerry for dinner and beers before we headed home.
The boys enjoying the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment