This past weekend was another full and busy one! I always tell myself though that we a truly blessed that our lives are so full and we always have plenty of family and friends to share it with. Saturday our friends Tony and Kizzy Jansen (and the girls daycare lady) had a housewarming party at their house. Ava had a great time playing with her buddy Carter. Kizzy even got out the sprinkler and pool for them even though she was suppose to be off duty. Quinn had fun getting passed around to everyone too. Then she rolled over for the first time! She was laying on a blanket outside and went from her back to her tummy. But I'm not sure if I should count it because she was kind-off on a hill....:). She hasn't rolled over on a flat surface yet but Ava and I sure were trying last night at our house. She does try very hard but I can tell she is also laughing at us very hard! I will step away for one minute and Ava flips her over and yells,"Look Mom she did it!" Caden also got to go with us to the party and did a great job playing with all the "little" kids. He is such a good kid and listens so well. I think thats why sometimes both Doug and I have such a hard time with Ava, because she definitely knows how to listen just chooses not to! Daddy had a good time too and we left at the perfect time, right as the no shirts flip cup game was getting heated up! Yikes!
Sunday we woke up early and headed to the State Fair. I totally forgot what its like to push a stroller around again. Many positives and some negatives.
Positive: it can hold all your junk! I actually let the kids get posters, flyers, etc. because they could throw it in. Plus the cup holders came in pretty handy.
Negative: It holds all your crap. When we got back to the van I had to unload all the flyers, posters and junk, food wrappers, etc. the kids grabbed that 99% of went in the garbage.
Positive: perfect place for a cute tired girl. Quinn did great at the fair and only fussed right before we left, and I think that was just because she had finally had enough. For all of you fair fans the Craft Building has a partioned room for moms. It has changing tables and rocking chairs for nursing. I remember using it when Ava was a baby and I don't think many people know about it because it's never busy. It was perfect right at noon when Quinnie was hungry and tired and just wanted to sit in the air conditioning for a little bit.
Negative: You are a human bumper car! I don't know how many people I had to tell I'm sorry too because I ran into them or was trying to get around. Or just playing bumper cars with the other crazy stroller pushing parents. Plus you forget how many areas are "non stroller accessible". Or how hard it is opening doors and pushing a stroller through with a million people going around you.
But overall we had a great day. The kids got along great and only had a couple whines from each of them. It was a beautiful day out too and I think everybody else realized that because it was packed! I think it was the busiest I have ever seen the fair. Of course we stuffed our faces too, here is all we digested that day:
Caramel Apples (which we had to find for Caden right when we got there and took us an hour to find the stupid stand)
Tenderloin
Polish Sausage with peppers and onions
Funnel Cake
Strawberry Smoothies
Corn Dogs
Ribbon Fries
Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Cup
Giant Pickles
I did get some pictures but on my video camera so need to learn how to upload those in the first place!
No comments:
Post a Comment