Even before Quinn was born Doug and I have been talking about getting a dog. We decided that we would wait until the end of summer when I guess we thought that would be a good time. Well we kind-off put it on the back burner and hadn't really talked about it for a long time. I secretly have been checking out pet websites, different breeds etc. Well Friday I saw an ad for black and yellow lab puppies and of course got a wild hair and called on them. They had one male left so we went Saturday to "look" at him. I knew fully well we were going home with him. We decided to name him Cooper and he has fit in great with our family. He has even slept a couple nights with Ava in her bed all cuddled up together. Ava has done really well with Cooper and goes out every morning and plays with him outside before we leave for daycare. At night we have been playing fetch with him and last night Ava and I had him playing soccer with us. I'm hoping eventually he can be my running partner when he gets bigger and give me some great motivation to start running again!

Ava and Cooper playing in the backyard

For as cheesy as Ava is she takes some dorky pictures!

Here she is my beautiful and goofy 4 year old girl!

Mr. Cooper - he was born June 11 so almost a month younger than Quinn. I'm so excited for the kids to have a puppy to play with even though it is more work for Doug and I. Doug informed me the other day that he is a lot of responsibility. I just say he's a little payback for all the nights he was snoring away while I was up with Quinnie!

Speaking of Quinnie, here she is future Miss America! She loves laying under her play gym and can now grab the animals swaying above her. She has been rolling over onto her side quite a bit this week but just can't figure out how to get all the way over and gets a little mad about it. She has also been consistently sleeping through the night this week. Yahoo for mommy!! She has gone 4 nights in a row sleeping from 8:30-6:00 ish. I think it is due to the fact that we have been having a more consistent bedtime routine now that school is starting. Whatever it is I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment