Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween, all the great costumes, decorating, pumpkin carving, parties, oh and the bag full of candy I make my child get so I can sift through to get to the good chocolate! Ava decided several weeks ago that this year she wanted to be "the ocean". No not The Little Mermaid, or maybe even a fish, but the full on ocean. So Mommy and Ava got started working on her costume and I think it turned out pretty cute! Only my very off the wall 4 year old would think of this. Next year she's going to be the solar system.


The "Ocean" walking in the Halloween parade in Rockford. Doesn't she look so enthused? This year she got to go trick or treating twice, Saturday night in Nora Springs and Sunday in Rockford. Both times she ended the night saying her ankle hurt so she could quit. I had to tell her you can't quit until your bag weighs at least 5 pounds.



Quinnie got to be a cute little piggy for her First Halloween. She had fun dressing up at daycare and going trick or treating I'm just sure of it! Even though by the end of trick or treating she had, had enough of it too. These girls just don't know what their missing!

I just had to put this picture up. Here is Ava wearing the same little piggy costume for her First Halloween. God I look so much younger here, that my friends is very depressing!


Grandma came over to watch the girls while we went to Ava's conference and afterwards we all carved pumpkins. She kept saying that she was just having a great day! We were just quite the crafty family this night as I was working diligently to finish the ocean!


Our little pumpkin!


Check out the awesome pumpkin Daddy made! At first he didn't want anything to do with the pumpkin carving. Then he got a little too into it and broke out the power tools. By the time he was done with this pumpkin it had Ava's full name on it!

Friday night we went to the Howe's for an awesome Halloween party. They (Laura) did a great job decorating. Here is Heidi, Cameron, and Ava with their scary vampire teeth!

Chowing down on some delicious grub including of course Witches Brew! I sprayed Ava's hair blue before we left to match her ocean that of course she took off right away.


Quinnie and Daddy enjoying the party. Don't they look like their having fun?


My little sweet candy corn! She was very good at the party and even took a little nap during the middle of it.

Playing musical chairs - They played all kinds of different games including a pumpkin toss, candy corn relay race, aa pinata, nd of course guess the body part. Ava did not want anything to do with that though and was totally freaked out!



Bobbing for apples!



Dylan and Amy watching Miss Heidi get right in there for an apple!


Saturday Nora Springs had the Harvest Moon Festival. They had a big craft show and some of the businesses down town had open houses. Here are the girls checking out the Blacksmith Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment