Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas Day!

Christmas Eve after church we did the traditional dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's with everyone. We opened lots of gifts and ate lots of food. Caden got an awesome magic set from Uncle Tony and Aunt Heather that he had to try on everyone right away. Ava got I think one of her most favorite gifts, a Justin Bieber t-shirt!! Bieber fever baby! Quinn and Charlotte got the exact same gifts from Grandma, I wonder how long they are going to put up with that! Doug and I got a GPS from my mom and dad that Doug had to try out on the way home. (It was pretty foggy)
All the loot Santa brought for the kids. With the beloved Pillow Pet right in the middle!



Caden Christmas morning checking out his new Beyblades. That is the new cool toy for 9 year olds I guess. Really they are just jazzed up tops that spin.




Ava popping a quick pose in her new pajamas. Grandma gets the kids new jammies every year. I'm still waiting for my new jammies as my old t shirts and sweats just aren't cutting it anymore.
I absolutley love this picture of Quinn! I don't know why but its just her little side profile and her looking up at her daddy in amasement of her first Christmas!


Wait a minute, maybe it was her thinking "Woah buddy you are not a morning person!"


Ava let Quinn check out her new Pillow Pet. Of all the awesome gifts she got for Christmas this year the old Pillow Pet takes the cake as her favorite. So why then does Santa bring so many other things that she really could care less about?

Of course it wouldn't be a Schrage Family Christmas without something going crazy. Ava got a Spin Art machine from Uncle Tony and Aunt Heather. So of course this mom was really thinking when I said Christmas morning, "Let's just try it out right here on the carpet!" What's the worst that could happen? I could come downstairs after being gone for exactly 3 seconds to find paint all over the carpet and a sly little blonde haired girl hiding in her brothers room with paint all over her hands? Then to only put the baby she is holding down to asses the damage to only have previously mentioned baby grab the disastrous paint machine thus getting paint all over her chubby hands, face, and pajamas.

After going through all the gifts from Santa and opening our other gifts, doing a little relaxing, especially after the spin art fiasco we headed to Bill and Carmen's house for Christmas with the Staudt family. Every member of the family was there even from Virginia and Florida. It was nice to see everyone but it was definitely a long day for Miss Quinn and Miss Charlotte. They were both balling hysterically when we left. I think mostly from being man handled all day and general lack of sleep. It was if they were saying to each other" I understand you!"




Hey Char can I try out your paci?

Ava ripping into the gifts sporting the Bieber wear.


Quinn and cousin Emily

Quinnie got to chow down on lots of goodies including cookies, pickles, and all the delicious food from Christmas dinner. Here Aunt Vicky is serving as a human high chair!




The big hit of the night was when the Pieper's whipped out their new Just Dance 2 game. I'm glad all those dance lessons for Ava are paying off because the girl can move!

No comments:

Post a Comment