Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Camping

 Every year the Shook family takes a camping trip. Every year we add babies, or boyfriends who sometimes turn into husbands, and even new pets. And it usually happens in that order. This year we went to Eagle Cliff Campground in Lanesboro, Minnesota. The scenery was beautiful and everybody had a great time.

Don't bring karaoke to a campground and not think the Shook family isn't going to completely dominate!
Here is Emma, Ava and Abby singing a beautiful Taylor Swift song. 

Later when the lights were going down and Mommy had a couple more cheap wine coolers in her, Ava and I rocked the house with a little Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" rapping included.
What started out as a nice girls morning going to a local winery turned into four shots at the local dive bars by noon. What can I say we are some classy ladies! Marissa's new boyfriend did kind-off ruin the whole girls only thing though, but their still in the don't leave me alone phase and not the get the hell away from me phase like the rest of us.

The long weekend was filled with lots of card games including poker every night with a big pot for the winner.

  Maybe a dog ride with cheer her up?!
Quinn is not a fan of camping at all. The first two nights I got a combined 2 hours of sleep because this girl just wasn't feeling the whole sleeping in the wilderness thing. That makes for a very tired Mama who got a nice nap in before we left.

 Cutie pie cousin Brekken enjoying a healthy camping snack.

 Char Char and her favorite Aunt.
 I love that this tiny peanut is starting to get AT-IT-TUDE!
 Maybe she will be happy in a kiddie cage/tent? It looked like a good idea....
 The best thing I love about camping is eating.  For the one time Grandma and Grandpa go camping they Grandma really brings on the food. Here Aunt Sara is cooking up some delicious potatoe's with mushrooms, onions and peppers to go with our steaks and caveman style turkey legs Tony brought.
 Ava absolutely loves camping. I think I saw her a total of maybe 20 minutes in the four days we were gone. She was either swinging away at the playground, riding her bike on of its last trips with training wheels, catching up with second cousins, or sitting down to eat at any body's campsite that would feed her. If anything the camper purchase was worth it for that!
 But this little bugger is making the camper earn its keep. She did like playing on the grass and going for many many walks and also went on a couple bike rides.
This is what camping is about! (Well for the dad's it is) Actually Doug did a great job and we balance each other out pretty good. When I was about to go ballistic from hauling around a nut case baby he took over and when he was doing whatever he does I ran the show.

I really do love our new camper. We got home and I pretty much didn't touch it again until Thursday night when I went to assess the damage, throw some more food in, trade out dirty clothes for clean ones and Friday afternoon away we went again!

No comments:

Post a Comment