Sorry to all my non-existent blog followers about the post slacking. Summer's crazy and well honestly I have no excuses. The Schrage house has been busy with working on our Summer Bucket List, Swim Lessons and T-Ball.
Remember the awesome picture of the mustache wearing ladies? Well here is FINALLY the follow up.
We had a great little shower for Danyel and Baby Brett a couple weeks ago at her house. I saw this idea at ReMarkable Home and thought it was way too cute to pass up. Of course my party doesn't even compare to what some of these bloggy ladies can pull off but hey I try right?
I actually got my shit together and had Big Brody from daycare's Mom Jill make these awesome cupcakes. They were uh-mazing.
We kept the food nice and simple with some fresh fruit, delicious bagels from Panera, and yummy banana and cinnamon breads.
Ava was an awesome girl the entire weekend. I just took the girls down with me to Danyel's in Ankeny and Ryan, Tarah, and Lyla rode along. She has such a big helper with Quinn who was a total terror the whole time. She took an awesome nap though during the party and missed the whole thing!
Baby Brett contemplating his future with all these ladies in it!
Of course I had to pull out the cheesy games. Libby with a nice toilet paper diaper on!
There is nothing more hilarious than a bitty baby with a mustache on!
I don't know what has happened in the last month but that five year old has turned into a fun, well spoken, and kind little girl. I know I've said it before when I notice how good she has been acting but most of the time it is followed up with "That one is back to her old ways again" But this time I think it might stick. If anything she has passed on her crazy sassy ways to her sister who is embracing the whole thing entirely.
Mama Dani and Mustache Boy
So I don't think everybody thinks wearing a fake mustache is as awesome as me and my girls do but that just makes it even better. I am the queen of making people feel totally awkward and this may just take the cake. But I'm pretty sure I saw a couple people sneaking some mustaches to take home so maybe they are closet freaks and not full blown freaks like us? But really that was one of the best $5 I've ever spent. Go ahead buy away,Mustache Lovers, you'll be glad you did.
Ava and Lyla girl just relaxing.
Queen Dorky Baby and her Mama. Love Love Love Them!
All our beautiful offspring!
Lyla (8months), Ava (5), Brett (1 1/2 months) and the Quinner (13 months)
Wow how times have changed! How many people do you have in your life (besides your family of course)that have known you for as long as you really have known yourself? People might say, "Wow you guys graduated high school how many years ago and your still friends?" But I would rather them say, "Wow you guys had fake weddings in elementary school and still like to gossip, shop, drink a few beers, and have just added some members to your crew huh?" Yes, that pretty much sums it up and we still look good doing it! (I just hide my adorable kids in front of me to fake it)
Ava was exhausted. But what this picture doesn't show is Ryan right beside snoozing away too and two chubbies zonked out in the next row.
Our weekends have continued to stay really busy. We've had River Days, Buffalo Days, and now this weekend the Fourth of July. It is the perfect temp outside for me today, hot, hot, hot, with a heat warning to boot. We will be at our Summer Oasis after Miss Ava's final t-ball game tonight, The Nora Springs Pool. Life is Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment