Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Rules!

 I really have a very serious obsession with summer. For anyone who says, "Oh I enjoy summer but I love fall weather with sweatshirts" is mental, or the fair weather fan who throws out, "I'd take bundling under a blanket over being hot any day" I want to stab with an ice pic. Alright that may be a little extreme, but come on, the smell of sunscreen puts me completely over the edge, flip flops are candy to my feet, and a girl who wears a tiny yellow bikini from morning to night makes me all sorts of happy.


One of my favorite summer scenes, the road to the pool, where Ava girl waits at the crossings for me. She is at an amazing time for me where until school starts she is still a preschooler and a "I just want to grow!" stage for her. I make her wait to cross roads until I'm right beside her where she yells, "Come on Mo-ohm!", she still has to stay on the right side of the rope at the pool staring at older friends on the other side, and wants to stay up at night waaay past her 5 year old bedtime. Last night we had full on sobs in the pillow because how could I be so cruel to not let her finish the rest of the Wizards of Waverly Place movie that she has only seen 3 times? 


 Little Sister is getting bigger, crazier, funnier, and alright a toddler. I said it. She walks, all the time, all over the place. She comes into rooms to just check out the scenery, maybe grab an old cheerio off the floor for a snack, then onto the next one.
 Caden boy is in total pre-teenness (I just submitted that new word to Webster) he has the eye roll down, the long vowel sound he responds with when you tell him to do something, ex.: "I WILL!" (Somebody has to know what I'm talking about) and my least favorite, the nastiness. The kid would go 3 weeks without showering if someone let him. I know when he gets older he's going to love reading this but I think he must be allergic to getting soap or deodorant on his body let alone change his clothes or god forbid put on a clean pair of undies! Don't worry I do a complete inspection before he meets the general public.
 Pants are definitely optional at the Schrage house.
 I'm going to get you Mama!
 Quinn's all time favorite past time. Playing with her babies. That itty baby in the middle you see? She goes everywhere, beaches, daycare, baby showers, you name it. I love seeing my baby love to play. She puts a diaper on her baby then gets mad when the tabs don't stick and brings it over to Mommy to fix, then Baby gets a real bottle with water in it, a good burping (more like severe back blows), rocked to sleep, and then the cycle starts all over again. Which really is how it goes most of the time with a newborn anyway isn't it? Another thing I love is that because of all this imagination Little Sister has Big Sister is finding hers again too. She plays right along and when Quinn's short attention span moves on Ava keeps on going.
 We had to sit in silence for a good 30 minutes while Cabbage Patch took her nap. I have never seen a real baby grow hair all in a reverse baldness pattern like this doll either. Make a decision Hasbro, either fork out the dough and put hair on the entire head or just leave the damn baby bald....
 Who's hiding behind the blanket?
Peek-A-Boo!!!

Random Thoughts:

1. When I become a boss I am going to be a totally kick ass boss. No anal email proof reading, no "Go research something totally random I could completely do myself" kind of boss. But will I ever become a boss if I can't tell some other fool to do my crap I don't want to do? Probably not....

2. Do you ever wonder what to do with your hands when someone is talking to you? Pockets, folded in front, put behind, or my personal favorite the "Peter Pan" with hands on hips. I guess if you are thinking that while talking to someone you probably don't give a crap what they are actually talking about. Problem solved!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you did carry somethings from your childhood. I love reading that you make her stop at every crossroad when riding her bike and she gets so annoyed with you. Just like our walks downtown many years ago. You would fly through the block on your bike in 1/2 a minute and have to sit (getting very annoyed) and wait 5 minutes for me to arrive pushing a stroller and pulling a bike someone got tired of riding. How I miss those days!!!

    ReplyDelete