Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Last Days of Summer

 The last days of summer we tried with every bit to squeeze the last times of wearing shorts, throwing on flip flops, trips to the park with a dog who chews through his leash while you are walking him, etc. Now that the weather requires winter coats and mittens in the morning I so wish we could rewind a couple months.

This is what happens when you are early for gymnastics: Photo shoot!


 This girl is awesome.
Gymnastics has been going great. She loves going and is sweaty and tired when she gets done which is just what she needs. They do floor exercises, learn new jumps on the big trampolines,tricks  balance beam, and even flips on the uneven bars. To say the least I am very impressed. It also works out great because it gives me and Quinn enough time to run to the grocery store. This week I actually got to stay and watch as Daddy came and picked up the Quinner after work. It was fun seeing Ava work all her tricks, but I realized the leaving is better for all of us as she has to wave at me in between every somersault.
 Oh how I miss when the grass was this green and this littles toes  could run through it without shoes on.
On another note, I love babies in rompers. This baby is probably to old for them, and this specific one looks a little bit too small anyway but I just can't help myself. You can only pull these off for so long.
 Quinn Audrey
September 2011
16 months old
 Two sisters just digging in the sand/dirt pile that was once probably a pretty good sandbox.
 Alright so obviously you can pull the romper off a little bit longer as I just realized Ava is sporting one in this picture. And I also realized Aunt Dany pulls on the romper every once in awhile too......
 Watch out for the dog turds Quinnie!
 Where are you taking us now Mama?
 Hey I'm not going to stop her if she wants to sweep, right?
This one is getting so smart. She can say lots and lots of words with some of her favorites and very clearly still being Puppy, Baby, Cheese (to eat, not to smile), Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Kizzy, Caden (and clear as day too), No No. With some of the harder ones being, Pees (Please), Ba (Bath) Dee (Drink), cacka (cracker, the food, not the write racial slur), and many more.
She has also learned the sounds a cow, horse, duck/chicken (quack for both), puppy, kitty, and elephant make.
Sign her up for Harvard!
 Stopping to visit Miss Char at her house, the italian speaking baby.
 I love that smirk.
 Char and her favorite Aunt and Godmama. Look how happy she is, come on!
 Taking turns for pony rides around the Shook house.
 And also getting in some good educational learning on Char's laptop.
 After the stop in Greene we detoured to Charles City to watch Sara at her horse show. This is Quinn's "it's ridiculously hot and you didn't bring us any drinks or snacks and I am on the brink of a nap or a complete disaster" face.
 Ava girl watching the show from a pretty good seat!
And we have crashed.
This was after I pushed her around for about 70% of the horse show. Good thing it was free.

Five Things Friday!

Five Things I'm Digging:
a full Halloween candy dish, a baby's room that was tweaked to be a toddler room, Good Day notes from school, the smell of fall, a 10 year old birthday boy

Five Things I'm NOT Digging:
crappy Halloween candy (suckers or nerds anyone?), Bad Day notes from school, an allergic reaction to zit cream (can you say puffy eyes?), NFL football on every damn day, teenagers....

No comments:

Post a Comment