So I'm back to backblogging, which is pretty much the norm around this blog anyway. Here we are at Halloween, but it really couldn't have been that long ago, especially since we are still eating the leftover candy, the stuff nobody else wants to eat, but Halloween candy nonetheless.
As big of a scaredy cat as I am of ghosts, witches, you know your classic totally non existent things, I love me some Halloween.
The girls got lots of experience fetching for candy this year while getting to put on their costumes for the Nora Springs Harvest Festival, trick or treating in Greene with Charlotte on her first birthday, and going door to door in our neighborhood with Lyla on Halloween night.
Probably the highlight of my Halloween 2011 was when I came to work on Monday morning and my coworker Sam had came to work dressed as my boss. In case you were wondering that is my boss on the left, Toby the dog in the middle, and Sam on the left. This may have made my 2011.
I had two completely separate sides of the costume spectrum this year. I made Quinn's adorable chicken costume and I know that most of you reading this are saying to yourself, "Oh My Gawd. That is completely adorable" You know not to brag or anything. It made it even cuter that she would throw out a "Bawk Bawk" while wearing it.
Then there is Ava.... The girl said she wanted to be a ghost for several weeks. I had convinced her to be a Queen/Princess Ghost (whatever that really is) and we could decorate one of her old flower girl dresses are ghostly with tulle, white hair, makeup, the whole nine yards. Then when I came home with some supplies for her costume right before Halloween she told me, "No I just want a white sheet with two holes in it for eyes and then I can wear a crown." Total Charlie Brown style. It was actually a pretty big hit and a lot of people enjoyed that she was keeping it old school.
Trying to get a picture of a 1 1/2 year old, a 5 year old, and a 1 year old.
This is about as good as it gets!
Lyla Kay, the cutest zebra I've ever seen.
We had to turn the chicken feathers around after the first couple rounds of trick or treating because chickie's feathers were getting a little matted down with candy slobber.
Yum Yum Yum!
Candy face!
Thank you Pinterest for this great costume idea. It only took me about 30 minutes to whip together too!
After our last night of trick or treating we assessed the candy damage and Daddy treated us to pizza. I had two very tired girls at the end of the night!
Now Christmas is right around the corner and my love for holidays continues. The day after Thanksgiving we got our decorations out, blasted the holiday music, and decorated our "pretty" tree for upstairs. I can't believe I'm saying this but I could actually go for a little white stuff on the ground to complete my holiday high.
No comments:
Post a Comment