Alright I know, I know it has been a very looong time since I have updated. I was doing so good for so long and then I just fell right of the wagon, or more like semi-trailer with how good I was rolling along with the blogging. But I'm trying to play catch up here and trying to remember what exactly happened in the last 3 months!
Labor Day weekend we invaded the Howe family's planned Budweiser crew camping trip and tagged along to the RockFalls Campground. The weather was pretty nice and only played a few tricks of put the sweatshirt on, take the sweatshirt off, put the sweatshirt back on again, put the sunglasses on, hide under an awning from some sprinkles, downpour, you know the usual.
One morning we walked over to the Community Center where they serve a free will offering breakfast the first Sunday of every month. They had pancakes, scrambled eggs, and homemade biscuits and gravy. It was delicious. Afterwards the moms took the kids over to the park to play. So of course who wouldn't want to be buried in a huge pile of old tires that was soaked from the rain the night before?
Even Quinnie wanted to get in on the burying action and laid down several times to get all covered up.
I will squeeze the last bits out of summer that I can!!
It wouldn't be a great camping trip without a delicious pile of watermelon to dig into!
And this shirts ruined....
Baby Cole and Gracie Benson relaxing by the fire
The Quinner did great sleeping in the camper this time but has gotten a little too comfortable around the campsites and I spend 94% of the time camping chasing her buns around. So much for relaxing!
But when they do sleep it is adorable... and I crack another bottle of Boone's Farm open.
We had a little birthday party for Heidi who turned 7. A donut cake and lots of buddies, what could be better?
Who loves donuts? This girl!
Ava and Olivia chowing down.
The birthday girl herself enjoying a sprinkled jelly filled donut only a 7 year old could eat!
The weekend was a success and the last camping trip for the Schrage family for the year. Of course it didn't end without any glitches. It did include Ava "supposedly" throwing a cockle bur in someones eye, Doug "sleep walking" and putting in garage doors, and I taking a bite of some kids chicken that almost resulted in a campsite brawl. So pretty much win win for everybody!













No comments:
Post a Comment