Well today was the big day that we have been waiting anxiously for, the first day of pre-school! O.k. maybe I was waiting a little more anxiously than Ava as I was very nervous for her, but she did great! She was a little timid when we first arrived but after we found her nametag, put her bag in her locker and found her "desk" she started to loosen up. I think it made it even better that we had her buddy Chase move his spot closer so they could sit together. When I told her that the mom's and dad's had to go now she just said, "Bye Mommy!" and that was that! So of course I walked out and cried in my car for a little bit. When I came to pick her up they already had her in the line of kids that ride the bus, so she was pretty upset that she didn't get to ride the bus, and told me, "I don't want YOU to pick me up!"
Ava's teacher, Miss Jennifer e-mailed me right when I got back to work and said that Ava had an amazing first day and was a leader for everybody else, helping give "gentle" reminders to her friends for what had to be done after instructions were given. I would like to know how "gentle" they were!
I think she is going to have a great first year of school!

Eating her first day of school breakfast! I asked if she wanted waffles and she said but I just love cereal!
Ava by her locker. Her picture is the only one that has two people in it! She was too scared to stand by herself and get her picture taken at her conference so Mommy had to be in the picture too. Yikes!
Classic first day of school picture
Ava Irene - 3 1/2 Years old
Pre-School
Ava by her locker. Her picture is the only one that has two people in it! She was too scared to stand by herself and get her picture taken at her conference so Mommy had to be in the picture too. Yikes!
Classic first day of school pictureAva Irene - 3 1/2 Years old
Pre-School
No comments:
Post a Comment