Our beautiful baby girl is finally here!
Quinn Audrey was born May 12th, 2010
at 10:28 p.m.
She weighed 8 pounds and was 21 inches long.
She is a very precious little girl that is a great baby!
Quinn - 5 days old
Since I am now back to work from maternity leave I am truly going to try to keep this blog better updated. Yes, for our family and friends to keep tabs on us but mostly as a virtual memory book for our kids. I know how much Quinn is going to change this year and hopefully I can keep up with all of her amazing milestones. Here's a little recap of the last two months:

Quinn - 8 Days old
For those of you that like to think babies come down from the stork you may want to avoid this next part! But I figure I better record how our chubby baby came into this world while its semi-fresh in my mind.
On Tuesday the 10th, my midwife called me and asked if I wanted to be induced on Thursday the 13th. No, not because I was having any problems but because she was scheduled to work that day and it just worked out best for her. As horrible as that may sound she knew I was worried about having to deliver with another doctor and was due on Friday anyway. I told her I would think about it and talk it over with Doug that night. We decided to go ahead and schedule it as it would be kind-off nice to just show up and know exactly when this baby was going to be born. I was completely ready to be done being pregnant anyway! But of course I had this feeling the whole time I was going to go over my due date anyway so felt a little unprepared, after I left work that night I ran to the grocery store and bought over $100 in meat. (I thought I was going to be stuck in a bomb shelter when I had this baby and needed to be stocked up!) Tuesday night I started having a couple contractions and began timing them during the night. When I woke up Wednesday morning I was still having contractions but nothing consistent. But I just had a feeling that today was the day. I packed the rest of my bag and put it in the van "just in case". When I called my nurse to tell her we wanted to go ahead and schedule the inducement, I had to tell her ,"but I think I'm in labor now, so we might be in this afternoon.:" I stayed at work and kept timing my contractions until 11:30 when they were coming about 5 minutes apart. I went and picked up Ava from daycare, met Doug and my mom at home, and Doug and I headed for the hospital. Of course when we got to Mason City I wanted to get a quick bite to eat since I knew I wasn't going to be eating for awhile. So we stopped and I got some fresh fruit and Doug got some Hardee's. I don't know why but I was worried that they were going to send me home and tell me I wasn't in labor so we pulled in and out of the hospital parking lot several times until I felt ready to go in, which was about 2 1/2 hours later!
When we did finally go into the hospital they checked me right away and said I was dialated to 5 cm. So maybe I was wrong about waiting so long? Doug and I walked the halls, I bounced on the birthing ball and caught up on some HGTV. They broke my water after we had been there about 2-3 hours but I was still only dialated to 6. At around 9:00 the doctor mentioned that the baby may be too big and a couple other things, but all I heard was c-section. I knew I could push this baby out so I got up and started walking around my room, sitting on the ball, etc. Then about an hour after that I knew it was time! I should have known it would go quick like that because it was the same way with Ava. A couple pushes later and our little girl was born! I was completely shocked she was a girl as the entire time I was pregnant I was dead set she was a boy, I even bought a tub full of boy clothes! The first thing I said when I saw her was, "I was completely wrong!". Quinn was born with a very full head of jet black hair and was very alert and ready for the world. Right away I thought she looked like Ava. Doug did a great job during the delivery and was a great coach. Even though a couple times I had to tell him, "Tell me I'm doing good, and it's almost over!"

Quinn - 2 weeks
Bringing Quinn home she fit right into the family. Ava actually does really good with her and knows her limits on what she can and can't do with her. She always asks before she holds her and has yet to just pick her up on her own.
Quinnie - One cool little chic - 3 weeks
Quinn has already been all over the place. I wanted to take full advantage of my maternity leave and fit in some nice relaxing days with the kids. We hit up Fort Custer Maze, in Clear Lake, the Cedar Falls swimming pool, and Quinn even got to attend the annual Shook camping trip at Clear Lake State Park. Thankfully we were able to borrow our great friends, Laura and Dustin Howe's camper. I am so lucky I have such an easy going baby!
What a bunch of cuties! Quinn - 3 weeks
Another big milestone is Ava cut 10 inches off her hair! She donated it to Lock For Love shortly after Quinn was born. My only regret is not doing it sooner! She looks so grown up and can somewhat take care of it herself. She helps me comb Quinn's hair to make up for it. Quinn's hair is slowly starting to lighten but she hasn't lost any of it. It is so cute with a big bow too!
My little sleeping angel - 3 weeks

A very happy baby! - 1 month old
Two sisters! Quinn - 5 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment