Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Before I Forget..

I quickly wanted to jot down a couple thoughts, new happenings, vents,etc. in between "projects" at work. I have been so busy I feel like my head is going to explode. The same week that it was Ava's 5th birthday my boss tells me that we need to start working an extra 15 hours a week. So if anyone could tell me where I can buy/find those extra 15 hours please let me know!

Caden news: This weekend he gets to go down to Ankeny with Grandma and spend the weekend with Lucas and attend his birthday party at Sleepy Hollow Sports Park going snow tubing. I'm sure he's going to have an awesome time.

Ava news: Her birthday weekend was awesome and exhausting! I will get caught up on posts and put some pics up. (I can do it, I can do it!) But in a nutshell, Friday was a special day with Grandma that included the biggest highlight: Justin Bieber in 3-D, Saturday was 12 4 & 5 year olds filling my basement, and Sunday was her family party where we served taco's, and let's just say my house still smells like it.

Quinn news: My beautiful baby is not so much a little baby anymore. Last week she got two more teeth in and now is up to 6 teeth including 4 on top and 2 on bottom. She just started waving bye bye about a week or so ago too, and just in the last couple days has learned to clap. She amazes me!

In Mom news: I'm tired. period. I know this is my third tax season and I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. If anything its getting harder every year. I think I have the mind of a stay at home mom, but obviously the expenses,bills, and commitments that don't match. I know that millions of kids go to daycare and those millions of kids turn into adults that turn out to be great people, but I just feel like I am missing out on so much sometimes. It doesn't help that I have one boss who works 80 hours a week and is very old school (I'm talking no computer use what so ever) and another one who works close to those hours, but has a husband that stays home with her kids. It's especially hard with Quinn, when with Ava even though I was going to school full time, it was really like I was only gone part time. I miss her so much and as weird as it is sometimes I feel like I smell her sweet baby smell during the day and it breaks my heart.
I know that the majority of this is mostly due to lack of sleep and a dirty house but at least I got some of it out there!

Oh and Happy Valentines Day to my husband Doug who actually got me a laundry sorter and drying rack (exactly what I wanted). I have bought a card for him but have yet to fill it out as I have fell asleep in the recliner every night....

No comments:

Post a Comment