Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lucky Lady

Last week I had a rough one. I just felt tired, overworked, unappreciated, and honestly just felt sorry for myself. Alot of it had to do with work and a little of it had to do with cabin fever I think. This week has been so much better. Maybe because I gave myself a kick in the ass to realize all the things I have to be thankful for. I know I can't stay positive all the time, and everyone has their good and bad days but I need to remember that I have such a full life of love, friends, and family.

As I was facebook/blog stalking I realized I have the most easy going children I've ever met. I always see other moms posting about their babies/kids being sick,etc. and I truly don't ever have to deal with that.Ever since they were babies we have virtually had no long term problems with them. They have always been great eaters, nappers, poopers, just awesome little people! Another lucky thing: breastfeeding. I never realized how lucky I was to not only have one baby be a great breastfeeder, but two! Especially with all of our friends having babies in the last year and so many of them struggling with breastfeeding. Believe me I in no shape or form judge anyone for the way they feed their baby, but just realize how lucky I got. And I honestly think that's what it all boils down to; Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I feel horrible for not being able to give new moms more advice, but it is so different for each person.
There are several things that I stress about/drive me nuts that I could really, and should take a positive spin with. I am lucky to have the Desctruction Girl. This girl in the picture above has ruined and broken so many of my things I can't even begin to write them down without getting a bit worked up about it. I am lucky though that I had those things for her to destroy in the first place? O.k. that one might be a little far fetched. But I am lucky to just have things, and when I look back it is hard for me to think of some of the things that she has destroyed because thats all they were just things. They weren't crazy, song-writing, poster making Ava.
I am lucky to be employed. This is a biggie. I have had a rough time at work lately especially with the hectic schedule right now and my close to retirement boss. But I have a job, I can pay the bills, if my girls need something I can buy it. Yes the commute sucks, but I get to choose when I work. Yes there are virtually no benefits, but I feel challenged at work and am learning something practically every day. I am also showing my girls a great example; that you can have a career, have a family, and just be very tired. But really I want them to see that yes my mom had a baby when she was 20 years old, a sophomore in college, and didn't have a pot to piss in, but she didn't give up and has came a very long way, for us.

For how much I thought this toothy grinned girl was a boy I am so glad she isn't. Most moms won't say if they wanted a boy or a girl, "just that it's healthy". Not this mom! I love having girls! I am lucky enough to be able to buy all the cute girls clothes and have another little munchkin to pass them down to. Every time I open another (and there are plenty) box of baby clothes from Ava to Quinn I get very nostalgic. I can remember certain places and things we did when she wore that cute little dress, or even what mood or stage she was when she walked in those sparkly shoes. If I had a boy, those boxes would stay packed for awhile. I feel so lucky that I got two. Even though they are four years apart I know they will have a bond that will last their entire lifetime.


I am definitely not lucky to have this dog! In the last two days he has dug up along the house in the 5 minutes he was outside, and also peed all over the kitchen floor and Ava's bag. He looks like a devil dog in this picture and maybe that is what he is! I am so ready for summer so he can be outside more and go on walks. The girls and I tried to take him on a walk last week on one of the freak warm days but it didn't go so well. Long story short, he was hit by a car and hurt his back leg so now is totally petrified of cars. Cooper is fine now physically, but mentally I don't know if I can handle him freaking out every time a car goes by and wrapping his leash completely around a stroller, mom, and 5 year old.



No this is not a joke. I am lucky to have my husband. I don't know what magic pill he took but the last week or so he has been a great help. He has taken the girls to daycare on Thursday mornings the last couple weeks so I can go in to work at 6. He has also picked them up a couple times too. This helps so much, mostly because then I don't have to feel like the responsibility is on me 100% of the time. He has made Ava help him clean up after dinner all week too. Don't get me wrong it's not completely cleaned up when they are done, but a good dent has been made. I am also lucky that he is such a worry wart because I am definitely not. I am on the complete opposite side and hardly stress about anything and have a very "let the chips fall where they may" kind of attitude. As much as it drives me nuts sometimes I know that his worrying about the kids, money, etc. is just showing his way of caring. He even worries that we have too much dirt in our carpet! I think many people can agree that its so much easier to complain about our significant others than it is to talk about the good things they do.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember how blessed you are! It will never be easy and it seems like life is so hard most times - but all worth it! You are a strong woman, and I am very proud of all you have done and will do!

    ReplyDelete