Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Char's Baptism

Alright so part of this blog is catch up and part of this blog is I don't want to work...
On January 2nd our beautiful niece Charlotte had her baptism. Doug and I are lucky enough to be Char's godparents. So of course let the spoiling begin! For her baptism I had to get her a beautiful bracelet with her name on it, just like the one both of my girls have worn. I think alot of people think I'm a freak for letting my 8 1/2 month old baby wear a bracelet, but she honestly doesn't even mess with it. She has to have some bling!

I have a great idea! Let's give Quinnie a plastic bag with expensive pictures in it and then let her suck on Grandpa's dirty thumb! As long as she's quiet!


Mother Hen (Tony) and Heather during the baptism. I swear if he could breast feed he would! Char got to wear the same baptism dress that Heather wore when she was baptised. How special!

Father Brunkan is the same priest that married Doug and I, and Tony and Heather. I think he is in his mid 80's. He is an awesome priest that always just gives a nice short simple message that can actually stick with you. He had all the kids come up close so they could see which is pretty cool. But then of course Ava kept leaning on the baptismal font and I could just see the whole thing crashing down on us! Don't worry we made it through the whole thing holy water spill free!

After the baptism they had a little reception down in the church basement with the classic ham sandwitches, salads, and cake. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment