
I'm on a box! Quinn is still just scooting around but is getting faster and alot more curious. I think she is either lazy or spoiled (probably both) because she is perfectly content doing the army crawl and shows no signs of starting to pull herself up on things or walk when you hold her hands. This is very different from Ava who was fully walking when she was 10 months old. As much as they are similiar, it helps remind me that every baby is different and she'll learn at her own pace.
No the Christmas tree in the background does not signal December. This picture was from the 2nd or 3rd week in January. I don't know what the big rush is to take down Christmas decorations. You spend all of that time digging out the boxes, unwrapping everything, packing the stuff you took off the walls up, to only enjoy it for a month or so. I remember when I was growing up my mom was very good about decorating for almost every holiday. I don't know where she found the time! She would pull out the cardboard Halloween posters, Easter window clings, etc. and tacky the house up right. We loved it!
A couple weekends back somehow it was just Quinn and I at home one afternoon and I put her in her swing, which she hardly used as a baby and hadn't sat in for a good 2-3 months. I came in 5 minutes later and she was out cold. She looked so big with her feet practically touching the ground.
And so begins Quinn's phase of blinking when you take her picture. At least here I got half opened eyes! But it takes a very good photographer to catch her!
I am truly blessed in that my girls hardly ever get sick and I can usually count on every January or February for it to hit us for the year and then were done. Luckily its always one day for each person and then they are good to go. I really should knock on wood! Ava was sick several weeks ago on a Sunday, which worked out well since I didn't have to miss work. She just had a temp and was plopped on the couch all day. Then a week or so later I picked up Quinn from daycare on a Thursday and she gave me a great big hug accompanied by vomit all over me. The entire night I spent with her on my lap with a blanket on her lap to catch her throwing up every 20 minutes. I stayed home with her the next day but she was fine the entire day. Then the last week or so I have been feeling very dizzy and it got so bad that I had to miss a day of work. I actually went to a normal doctor (the first time in 4 years) and he said that I just had an inner ear infection and sent me on my way. It slowly went away but started up again this week. I know all I need is probably an antibiotic but the doctor wants to see me again. I don't know if that will happen, doesn't he know it's tax season?
Aw - so all that stuff you made fun of when growing up (the tacky decorations) really did mean something. Smile :)
ReplyDelete