Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What Blog Title Haven't I Used Yet?

Wow I am really feeling creative today aren't I? Here we have more beautiful pictures of some pretty amazing kids. Tonight Ava has dance pictures so lucky me, I get to enter the world of Toddlers and Tiara's while toting an almost 11 month old crazy person.
Giggles before bed. Ava 5, Quinn 10 months.
I love my sister! I hope this lasts longer than a year...

Mom Moment: Trying to decide what picture to put on the blog, the one that I look pretty good in, even though it is cutting some of my face off but Quinn looks like she just downed an entire bottle of tequila or the one that Quinn looks adorable in with the toothies showing through while Momma looks like a half drunk pirate. Cute baby wins.
A couple (or more than that) weeks ago we spent a relaxing night at the Paulus house chowing down on some pizza and enjoying some wine and misc. beers (literally misc. beers, Doug and Ryan think they have found the Holy Grail of liquor stores, the HyVee drugstore, with its mix and match 6 packs)
Lyla is really starting to catch up to Quinn and they are starting to look more and more at the same level.

Lyla 4 1/2 months, Quinn 10 months

Their first "sleepover". Chilling at Lyla's crib.


I love all my mom friends, I really do. There is just something about having a really good friend who's life is obviously different than yours but the same in so many ways that is very reassuring. It's almost like a secret alliance. Don't get me wrong I still have plenty of friends that aren't having babies or no where near wanting to have babies, and I know several people that are moms that I would rather NOT be friends with. I have two great "mom" friends that at times are polar opposites but we all balance each other out great. I love just being able to call them up and go hang out at their house knowing they could care less that my kids are acting like maniacs.


Two things to gather from this picture:


1. I have slowly started the process of taking down the 1983 wallpaper that has been adorning my kitchen walls since we moved in. This was during phase 1.


2. Ava has went through and is slowly starting to get over her phase of "couture posing". I seriously have no idea where she even comes up with this crap. What could be more hilarious than a 5 year old trying to pose for the latest issue of Vogue while her mother tries to take a before picture of her hideous kitchen.



Work it Girl!




This mama's attempt at being what some would call "crafty". I know I can be crafty, I am definitely not denying that. Do I have the time to plan crafts, buy materials, and keep those materials organized, thats a big fat no. But I did see awhile ago from another blog about making leg warmers for your babe. The other day I pulled out a pair of old Halloween toe socks ( I don't even know if they make toe socks anymore, but who could blame them), cut the toes off and popped them on the Thunder Thigh queen. Even though they are clearly meant for Halloween with sparkly spider webs and all I will admit they look pretty cute on her, and hey they actually do what they are intended for, protect her little knees as she scurries across the floor.



Now Great Grandma Shook can craft! She made Ava that shirt, last year for Christmas and Sunday night Caden told me,"Can you take these jeans to Grandma Shook to patch?" (Those jeans he's talking about are waaaayyy beyond patching) I'm sure if I was a stay at home mom I would be a crafting, pants patching diva but for now they will just have to deal with cut off toe socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment