Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

We will beat the Winter Blues!

I love to swim, period. I don't care if its in a pool, lake, tub, wherever. O.k. maybe tub swimming isn't really all that fun. But I just love dancing like a dork under the water. Luckily all my kids share this same passion. Winter had been dragging and I had been working way to many hours. We all just needed to get out of the house and DO something. So we packed up the kids and headed over to the new CRC in Osage and spent the day, and it was definitely well worth it! While I was relaxing by the "waves" I just closed my eyes and pictured summer only a few short months away.

Quinn loved the water! I think she would have stayed in there all day if we let her. She had a huge grin on her face the entire time we were there. Last summer she spent many hours at the pool but sadly they were just spent sitting in her stroller watching the sky. I know this year I'm not going to be able to get away with that!

Char got to come too! Tony and Heather met us there so she could go swimming for the very first time! Of course her dear old dad was practically dunking her right when she got in. Freak!


The Shook Family - Charlotte, 3 1/2 months old

They had to leave pretty early though because Char turned purple, literally.



Let's go Daddy!



Caden jumping off the diving board. I know we'll be seeing alot more of this, this summer. Last year he sadly didn't pass the pit test at the good old N.S. pool, but I know hell make it this year!



The only pictures I get of him are action shots!



This picture was after about 10 "model poses". She was having the time of her life except when she whacked some lady in the head with a dive ring, twice. Ava is getting to be a great swimmer and will even swim under water now.



Quinn showing some skin in her cutie pie bikini.




At the CRC they have the awesome pool and also a walking track, weight room, and huge open gym. After we swam for several hours the older kids and Doug shot some hoops while I walked around the track with Quinn. All that exercise really did us in though because after we were done we had to go to Hardee's and stuff our faces. It all balances itself out right?



Don't forget the ice cream!



Thursday Things I'm Digging:


I'm Digging : Bike rides with a baby in the back, $1 hair bows at WalMart, tulip stems popping up in the backyard, chalk creations on the patio, an organized pantry


I'm NOT Digging : half up-half down wallpaper, April 15th, teenage texters, mud...everywhere, annoying laughing (you know what I'm talking about people, you know that person)

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the blogs and pictures! Those swimming pictures really get me anxious for summer! Boy do I have cute, cute grandkids!

    ReplyDelete