Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Going to the Big Time Baby!

The Schrage house has been doing pretty, well awesome lately. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel as in April 18th is only 12 days away and more importantly only 2 weekends away. This past weekend saw the kitchen getting painted, a sleepover at grandma's for Miss Quinn, a relaxing walk to the park, and a mullet being cut. (More on the mullet later)
Quinn (10 months), Ava (5), and Lyla (5 1/2 months) playing at Danyel's baby shower a couple weeks ago. Lyla is looking more and more like her Mama every day, especially when she's flashing everybody her undies!

Ava Girl & Quinnie Bear in their adorable matching sweaters. Oh yes I am totally that mom! I thought I would never be able to find them matching things since they are so far apart in age so whenever I see anything that is even close to matching I snap that crap right up! These sweaters I actually got at Children's Place (one of my favorite stores) for only $1.99 each and Quinn's hairbow was only $1 at Walmart. They are probably smiling so big in this picture because they know how big of a cheapskate their Mama is and how happy she is that she pulled those outfits off! The Cock-Eyed Girl, Aunt Dani, and Baby Boy Reiter. Only a few more short weeks until his arrival!
This is why you have more than one child. So the older child can do all the dirty work, like give bottles, change diapers, feed, bathe, etc. while you relax and catch up on old episodes of Tosh.O

This little peanut has grown so much just in the last couple weeks. She can pull herself up to anything now and does any chance she gets. She absolutely loves looking out the window and then sucking on the old (probably laced with lead) window trim.

Last night for the first time she did her first sign. She signed "more" and you would have thought she found the cure for cancer by my reaction. It was so adorable and it actually wasn't a fluke as she was doing it for Kizzy this morning when I dropped her off at daycare. We were treating her like a dog though and stuffing her face with treats every time she did it. I think we probably will have created a monster. Ava got really good at signing and it was so cute. I don't know if I teach them signs to actually get them to communicate earlier or if I just love it for the adorable factor of a little babe pinching her little fingers together silently thinking, "This is awesome, all I have to do is kinda clap or something and they bring on the goods."


Ava and Mom after baths - pre Mullet. Ava has been doing so good lately. She had been staying on green (good) at school, getting stickers at Kizzy's (also good), and at night had finally started actually playing in her room (awesome). This was until Saturday.... Friday night she had a sleepover at cousin Myranda's house. Saturday morning the two girls decided they wanted to play beauty shop and Myranda didn't want bangs anymore and Ava did. So they cute Myranda's bangs off... to the scalp and gave Ava some short bangs and a side mullet to go with. There is no its not that bad with this one except that its only hair and its not her sisters hair she cut. So right now she is grounded for two weeks from her cd player and tv. But she can't just go down lightly, she has to go down swinging. After the hair fiasco we were at Grandma & Grandpa's house and she decided to pour Purex pellets into the dryer and washer, because she thought it needed it. Either she helps keep me young or ages me at an alarming rate, I have yet to decide which one it is.


Quinn going for a zebra ride. She can even get on and off all by herself. What a smartie!



She is now full blown crawling and I think she forgot how to Lietunant Dan it also. I have caught her a couple times while she's pulled up to something standing there not holding onto anything. Once she realizes it she grabs back on. She probably is thinking, "Oh I better hold back on and not give too much away, I know my Mommy doesn't want me to grow up too fast so I better keep playing this baby card for awhile."



Quinn also got ANOTHER tooth last night. She is now up to seven teeth and uses them quite well for knawing on toys, biting her Mama in the shoulder and especially for chowing down.



Do you see them all in there?


We also had Kindergarten Round Up on Monday night. They did individual interviews with the kids during the day and then discussed it with the parents that night. Ava of course did great and now is just counting down the days until the infamous Kindergarden starts. She asked me last night, "Mom, what's it look like in Kingerdarten?" I just said,"Well it looks alot like preschool except that you stay all day and you have to be really careful with scissors."

No comments:

Post a Comment