Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

 Alright that may be one of the lamest blog titles I have come up with to date. The Fourth of July was busy to say the least, in 3 days time we managed to fit in meeting a new cousin, a baby shower, 2 beach days, a baptism, a parade, fireworks, a sparkler chest burn, a pool date with baby buddies, and lots and lots of delicious "why do we really only eat you in summer?" food.

One of my favorite Littles, she really is very very little too. I'm talking put her in my pocket.
Miss Charlotte, 8 months at the princess baby shower.

 The Quinner - 13 months
She is a complete and utter nut case sometimes. The shower was for new baby cousin Devan from Florida and new second cousin (still in her Mama's belly) Allie. During the taste the baby food game she was all about tasting that damn baby food. Then during the present opening she had to use several boxes as a step stool. It probably didn't help that she was running on 92% sugar from downing 2-3 Cake Pops, rhubarb crisp, etc.
 The honoree Mis Devan with cousin Sabrina.
 I totally wanted to be all baby hogging her the whole time but I shared, sadly. Quinn on the other hand, tried to poke her eye out at one point. No, I'm not talking casual accidental grazing of her eye, I'm talking straight pointer finger right for it, Boink, and now we have a balling hysterical baby. Good one. This little lady is quite a cutie though and I know she will look completely different the next time we get to see her. 
 After the shower we had a couple of hours until Devan's baptism (nothing like packing in lots of big family activities into one day) so we changed from party clothes into swimsuits and headed over to Rudd Lake. Quinn stayed at Grandma's with Uncle Adam so it was fun for me to just relax and hang with the older kids without chasing her around everywhere. After a whle though I start to miss her little pigeon-toed feet walking around and got kind-off bored especially when Caden and Ava have the Pieper boys to get into trouble with.
 Life is Good!
 Devan Porter's baptism with her Mama and Daddy, her GodMama Barb, GodPapa Aarron, and GodMama Tammy
 Cole Robert had enough! Maybe this was a sign of what was to come since the next day he was blowing chunks all day. I know TMI, but it's true and this blog is all about truthfullness.
 Quinnie is getting alot better and letting other people play, hold, and wash her dirty face off. The girl loves the attention.
 On Sunday we drove over to Clear Lake so the kids could tube on the boat. Quinn was an awesome girl and played so well on the beach. We Mostly Sandy and Grandma packed a yummy picnic lunch and the older kids had a great time out on the water. I don't know what it is about going to my Mom's house but my ability to do anything totally goes out the window and my ability to eat everything completely encompasses me. Maybe I know someone will eventually make my kids something to eat or that I'm not at my own house so the need to cross off to-do lists doesn't exist. I'm not complaining here, but I'm sure others are.
 Caden and his wingman Lucas. BFF's for life.
 Two cute kiddos, wet swimming suits, and a beautiful day.
 Enjoying the lunch. The only real food thing I packed was my one sandwitch that I clearly wrote on with Black Sharpie: "Nicole's Touch and Die!" It was a pretty good sandwitch I might add.
 On the Fourth we went to our usual spot to watch the parade in Clear Lake. What is more patriotic that a blonde haired girl in a red, white and blue sundress holding a balloon on a clear day?
 The parade crowd soaking in the sun.
 Cole Robert and Aunt Sara sporting her "only a 17 year old could wear these" sunglasses
 Lyla girl and her Mama taking a snooze at the end of the parade.
Being adorable is exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty fun, long weekend. I am just now, 3 weeks later, recuperating from it all. I still love having everyone over - just wish my house was bigger.
    I love summer!

    ReplyDelete