Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

MVP of the TBall Team

 Ava finished her first year of tball in June. When she first started I secretly told everybody that I was worried she was going to blow big time. And well she kind-off did. She had the look down with a new ball glove from Grandma at Easter and some new "workout shorts" to make her uniform complete. But the girl had no idea what she was doing. I stand where and throw the ball to who? When I hit the ball I am suppose to take this bat with me right? We hadn't really worked with her at all before but I thought she been to umpteen of Caden's baseball games so she has to have the general idea right? Wrong! And yes I was that parent that was thinking, "Please don't let my kid be the only kid that has to use the tee." And then she was the only kid that had to use the tee. Parental fail.

But after a couple intense games she got the hang of it. No she didn't hit the ball on the first pitch or even on the 3rd or 4th pitch. But eventually she hit it. Did she run like crazy to get the ball when fielding? If it rolled nicely in front of her scruffy tennis shoes maybe. I don't think she had a blast especially since most of the time she was more worried about who brought snack for the night, but I think she had fun and her fan club had a good time watching her and the rest of her buddies as tball usually turns into a one hour comedy show with someone always getting hit in the go-nads.


 But this girl had fun. Quinnie always tried to make it on the field, or run away, or find someone that would stuff something in her mouth that was edible.
 Yahoo Mama brought me cookies!!
 The MVP
 Ava girl always has time to pose for a picture even if a ball is coming straight for her head.
 Can you tell it was a hot day? From the popped collar on the baby to Quinn's red faced friend Ryan "gently" helping her back to her seat.
 Whenever she would bat Ava stood up there without a care in the world, she would hit the ball and gently skip-run to first base where of course she had to strike up a conversation with the fielders. All mental game right there.
 Go Eagles!
Ava 5 Years Old- T-Ball
June 2011

Five Things Friday

Five Things I'm Not Digging:

some weird kid standing outside my window at work talking on his cell phone (freaky), dog hair (I think I've used this before but I'm still not digging it), junk mail credit card offers, the end table with all the computer cords in it that Quinn must think is filled with gold nuggets, my van that could turn into an episode of Hoarders

Five Things I'm Digging:

a baby girl that uses serious hand gestures, another girl who told me this morning that my singing is annoying (while singing), Real Simple magazine, the library, summer songs blaring on the pool radio

No comments:

Post a Comment