Ava completed swim lessons about a week or so ago and unlike t-ball she could not get enough. The girl is drawn to water like a magnet. She was racing to get to the pool every night and was usually the last one out. This year she was in the Level II class and was probably the youngest one out of 8 kids. I again had no faith in her after I saw her first couple classes that she would pass, but low and behold she did! Most likely because the instructor didn't want to deal with her crazy antics again next year. On to Level III!
While Ava was at swim lessons Quinnie and I tried to start taking up Wogging (Walk/Jogging) again. I'd run, she would love it, then I would realize I was completely out of shape and walk, then lose my mind and try to run again, then walk, a very very vicious cycle. When we weren't wogging we were playing on the slides or sipping on some oh so cold water on some very hot days that made Mama even bust out a tube top. No pictures were taken, your welcome.
Ava back floating away.
Sunday night at the pool she had me "practice" with her. The girl is a pretty good back floater I can say 100%.
Working on all the skills required by Level II including the Jelly Fish Float, Turtle Float, etc. Pretty intense stuff here. I am waiting for the day where I am stuck out in the middle of a lake and have to Jelly Fish Float in order to save my life.
Classic Ava : Vogueing on the diving board
About the same time of swim lessons we had Buffalo Days here in town. The Lions Club did a great job with inflatables, food, and face painting for the kids in the park. Daddy missed out on all our fun during the day since he "had" to work at the beer tent for the Fire Department all day and night. Cousin Sabrina came and watched the girls for the night so I could go enjoy the street dance and enjoy it I did!
Dylan, Heidi, and Ava taking a yummy bite out of summer.
Quinn with possibly her first taste of cotton candy.
It is obviously not going to be her last!
She is getting such a personality on her. The last few weeks she has been very attached to her baby and has to take it everywhere. Needless to say Baby looks like it has contracted an infectious disease. Last night while we were eating supper she threw her very first full on temper tantrum. She was not eating or calming down until Baby got to sit right beside her in her high chair. Then after dinner when we were outside baking in the 100+ degree heat she was going through the sprinkler WITH Baby! Don't take my Baby bitches!
Heidi the Ladybug and Ava the Bumble Bee.
O.k. so Heidi totally looks like Darth Vader and Ava looks like she's been working on that beard for about 2 weeks. They had an awesome time together playing all day and watching the parade in the afternoon. Their conversations kill me. Before the parade:
Ava: (Pulling away at the grass in front of the curb)
Heidi: Ava!! You are killing Mother Nature!!
It's also my birthday today. Doug My mom, girlfriends, and Doug threw an awesome surprise birthday party for me Friday night. You know because 26 is a pretty big milestone. Pictures to come of that. Definitely not cute kid blog material, but more drunky facebook material. Whatevs.
I'm leaving work early today because well it's my birthday and I'll do what I want to, and I'm picking up my two sidekicks and hitting the pool. Then we are making Doug take us all out on a date. Boom. Awesome birthday.
Another sweet email conversation between Tarah and I
Tarah: It's the perfect day to go to the pool. It's so hot out already. Have a good day! (like I wasn't going to email her back in 5 minutes)
Nicole: I totally do not want to be here. Just throwing that out there.
Tarah: I'm right there with you. Probably times 10 for you since it's your birthday. Did Lames get you a present? (my boss/arch enemy)
Nicole: Oh yeah I couldn't take it I had to go get two scoops of Culvers Flavor of the Day. Heath Chocolate something. It's uhmazing
Tarah: OMG! You suck......
Hope you had a nice day on your birthday! If I recall - it was a pretty nice day 26 years ago! Way to go Ava on passing to level 3 swimming.
ReplyDelete