My boss is out of the office today which means too things: blog catch up, and I can eat at my desk (don't worry I'll make sure I pick every single crumb up to destroy the evidence).
As promised here are some pictures of the new Reiter baby.
Brett Christopher was born right on his due date, April 27th, 2011 weighing in at 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. I held myself back long enough until the next day, in the early afternoon to visit and am glad I did because I got him all to myself for almost 2 hours. I'm sure his parents just loved me moving into their hospital room. I had to get him his little "first birthday" cake especially since he now shares his b-day with his new daddy!
Some of the beautiful flowers for Baby Brett.
I know he was getting pretty t.o'd with all the pictures I was taking but I can't help myself when it comes to babies. The night he was born as we were sitting around the dinner table Doug interrupted me as I was blabbing on about babies with,"I am so %&*#$^@ sick of hearing about babies." He is such a buzz kill.
One more picture Baby Brett I promise!
The new Reiter family. Look he's even smiling at me! Danyel had to clearly point out that labor, well sucked. I don't know who told her it was all unicorns and rainbows anyway :)
Alright alright, one more picture!
That next weekend we had Jennifer and Jake Hemann's wedding. Aunt Sara came and picked the kids up when they were way past their prime but they had a great time eating and dancing.
Ava girl fit right in with the wedding colors! (Nice mullet coverage I might also add)
Daddy volunteered to be the D.D. for the night so Mommy obviously took full advantage of that!
Daddy and his girls
Quinn loves to dance so of course she had fun crawling all over the place and bopping to the tunes. They had the same DJ that we had at our wedding so of course I had to make a fool out of myself asking if he remembered me. When Mr. Black Fedora, with the straggly long hair said, "Umm lady do you know how many weddings I do every year?" I said, "Do you remember the one where we took the DJ stand over from you and starting doing karaoke?" Then he got a look of disgust and a "Oh yeah at the Hanford. I remember...."
Maybe my kids know I have a blog because they provide me with lots of great writing material. As the wedding ceremony was winding down Quinn clearly thought it was a great time to fill her pants. Of course Daddy was completely petrified and said to me," You need to get her out of here before we have to stand up and people get a whiff of this." I in my "who cares" attitude thought she'd be just fine and said we'll just wait until we get to the car. What we found when we got to the car was one of the smelliest and nastiest diapers I have ever encountered that had slowly made its way to her beautiful tights. I even made Doug pull into the nearest dumpster to throw in the nuke bomb and save ourselves from more humiliation. He while I was changing her was totally freaking out,"Let's just go home, this is so embarrassing, people are seeing her butt hanging out, etc. etc." I then told him as we got closer to the reception that is my greatest form of entertainment, his meltdowns.












I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Once I get mine set up, we'll have to compare the daddy melt downs LOL. You've put such a great humorous spin on mommydom!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
Vicky