Quinnie you are such an amazing, beautiful, shy, yet outspoken little being. You have brought so much to our already fulfilled lives in just this past year that I can't wait to see what the future holds. I look at the picture of when you were an hour old and just remember how calm and awake you were right away. You are such a loving girl and always have been. You love to cuddle and give everything kisses especially your Mommy. I love that you are a Mama's girl and only Mama works for when you get hurt or are tired or just want to give me a big hug with your head laying on my shoulder.
I was a bear when I was pregnant with you I will admit. Your Daddy told me that this was the last one, no more babies. The minute you were born he said to me, "o.k. maybe one more" He was instantly in love with you the minute he saw you. He balled like a baby (which I knew he would) and I knew you could do no wrong in his eyes (for awhile).
Now you still have Daddy wrapped around your finger and he is very very protective of you. He is always worried about you and makes sure everyone is very careful with you. You are really starting to look alot more like Daddy all the time too. Sometimes I catch you two making faces at each while we are eating dinner and I know how happy you make him. You really have helped change him to be a better Dad and Husband.
I will admit before you were born I was very worried, worried that I wouldn't have enough time not just for you but for Ava. As selfish as it sounds I also thought about how I could come up with enough love for just you. I loved Ava with my entire heart there was no possible way another little could fit in there. But then you did, and you found your little corner. My heart can share. It isn't as though you each get half you get all of it. Sometimes you need all of it for snuggles and baths and giggles and sometimes Ava needs all of it for band aids and "talkings to's", and bedtime stories. So we share.
And now you get lots and lots of loves. Loves from Mama and Dada, loves from Grandma and Grandpa, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins, a big brother who you adore, and especially a big sister who has taken you right underneath her little wing. If she does it, you want to do it. Your favorite place to be is right in her room where you can soak in all the Ava-ness. You both are so lucky to have each other especially later on down the road when you can talk about how crazy your mom is.
Here you are 11 days old. You still to this day sleep so peaceful.
Pre-crawling, pulling yourself up to everything, pulling everything off anything you can get your hands on, eating anything in sight (edible or not). You still are pretty cautious about the whole walking thing. But thats o.k., you will figure it out when your ready.
The pouty sleep look. One of my favorites
Your face has really stayed alot the same. Here you are at about 6 months old. You still have your big beautiful eyes, a head full of hair that has turned from black to brown. The cutest baby belly and the cheesiest little grin. Just recently I have really noticed that your face is getting a lot leaner and your hair alot longer.
I know there are lots of adventures ahead of us. I can't wait to see who you become as you get older but am so said to see you grow from a little baby into an independent little person. I know all too soon you will no longer be able to sit on my hip while I stir a pot on the stove, fall asleep nursing and snuggle in the crook of my arm, or cry and reach out when you can't find me. But you will walk and then run, sing songs and draw pictures, and I'm sure you'll still want to snuggle with your Mama.











What a sweet "letter" to your baby girl! The do grow up fast and soon they have babies of their own......Love you all!
ReplyDelete