Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mama's Day and My Drug of Choice

 Current Schrage news: the weekend first birthday party was uhmazing, its so nice outside I forgot to change my shoes for work today and am sporting some nicely wore in flip flops, I am counting down the days to break in our new/old awesome camper, oh and awesome amazing news!!
Lulu had her baby!!
Cole David was born on Friday the 13th at 9:12 in the morning. I of course have already got lots of baby time with him while he was in the hospital but are hoping to make it over tonight so the girls and Doug can meet the newest Howe family member.

 Her new thing is ALWAYS trying to grab my camera. Ronald McDonald here has been getting quite the attitude lately and balled bigger baby style the entire way home from dance class last night. Maybe it was because while we were waiting for Ava we were chowing down on Fritos Honey BBQ chips and Diet Pepsi and she was coming off her junk food high.

 Martha Stewart eat your heart out! I just whipped this bow out right before we left for a couple graduation receptions to match her adorable dress she got last year from Aunt Kerry (who refuses to read my blog because I am putting my children in the hands of the internet)

A couple things to take from these pictures. First Caden and Ava are almost the same age in these pictures. Is it just me or does he look like he is about 3 years old here? I think Ava has changed so much in the last year I can't even start to think what she is going to look like in 4 years. (Insert heart breaking sound here). Second, Quinn is a beast. And third, so begins the pictures of the baby in a choke hold. I have about a million pictures of Caden and Ava like this. 

 For Mothers Day this year my husband went all out and treated us to a breakfast buffet at Uncle Tony's country club in Greene. It was pretty delicious and I think he spent a whopping $14 for all of us.

We got Grandma a cute sign for her house and she also got a huge bouquet from Sara and a beautiful orchid from Charlotte. Mom even told me she had been waiting for the day when her kids grew up and she actually got something on this day for Mom's. So that's what I'm going to hold out for too....

I love everything about this picture! I did get the best present though, some tight squeezes from my babies and a "Happy Mothers Day Mommy!" right when I woke up from Ava. We got to see all of our mothers and grandmothers on Mothers Day as Grandma Shook and Grandma Staudt joined us for breakfast and afterwards we were able to make our rounds in Greene and visit Grandma Schrage and Grandma Terry. My kids are so lucky that they have so many amazing women in their lives. (me included, lets get real)

You know that annoying Ke$ha song, "My Drug" well this is it for me right here. Last week I had a horrible day at work, I'm talking driving home balling the entire 20 minutes. I picked the girls up from daycare where they were enjoying the beautiful weather outside, we went home, I threw off my work clothes and we headed out on a long bike ride. We went down to the river and just sat and stared, and picked grass, and walked on rocks, and had a piggy back ride and soaked it in.

When we got home this girl and I just relaxed in the back yard.


While this girl snuck away to the neighbors.
And then this Mama enjoyed one of these that was well, very much needed.
After hanging out at the neighbors around the picnic table later, finally eating some delicious cheeseburgers made by Daddy and falling asleep in the recliner the day turned out not so bad. 
Especially when I get to snuggle with this cutie pie before bed.

So what is your "drug" right now? (I fixed the comments area so you can now comment without having to register just post as anonymous if you wish)

5 Things I'm Digging:
graduation food (the cake, the sandwiches, and oh the mints), an almost walker (5 steps last night), our beautiful flower tree in the backyard, leotards with cowboy boots, water balloon fights between cousins

5 Things I'm NOT Digging:
my job 'nuff said, contacts & glasses (I reeally want lasik eye surgery!), party aftermath everywhere, rain on party days, having to buy stamps



2 comments:

  1. I would have to say my drug right now is the same as yours - throw in another cute baby girl. Family keeps me happy! Plus this great Spring weather right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My drug is my baby girl and finally feeling this overflowing love that you speak of. She may be little, but it feels so good when Mommy has that calming touch or just saying her name softly soothes the wild beast.
    5 things I'm digging: Devan cooing an squirming between Daddy & I in bed; this past month and last two weeks of vacation; looking forward to July 1 and flying to Ia; Hopefully a VICNIC day during that week; Having an awesome Goddaughter that has grown into such an amazing woman and mother who I now look to for inspiration!
    5 things I'm not digging: returning to work mode tomorrow; everyone telling me that now that you adopted, you're going to get pregnant; having to clean the house from 2 weeks of vegging out; the cost of groceries-it's cheaper to eat out and eat crap; watching Devan work so hard at pooping and its just a little turd that I can't help her with.

    ReplyDelete