Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm A GraduATE Yes It's True!

 Ava had her preschool graduation last Thursday night and did a great job. I had been making her practice her songs all afternoon. Her "graduate" song is probably my favorite. She has to say graduate though like "grad-u-AT" and it has everybody dying. Here's how it goes:
I'm A GraduAT Yes It's True
I'm A GraduAT Ooh Ooh Ooh
A Tiny Piece of Paper is What I'll Get
So You Better Be Proud Because I'm A GraduAT!

Singing one of her songs. 

Receiving her diploma from her teacher, Mrs. Brown.

 In her classroom waiting to be dismissed. (Don't mind the kid in the corner clearly stoked about getting out of this joint)
 Enjoying a delicious cupcake from one of her teachers, Mrs. Billings.
 Grandma and Grandpa with the GraduAT.
 Mom and Dad with the to-be kindergartner.
She is very excited for what next year brings and is very worried about learning how to read before she starts kindergarten.

Charlotte, Ava and Quinn in a nice awkward pose. 

 Ava with Great Grandma Staudt


Ava with her uncles


And her big brother finally let her take a picture with him. Doesn't he look so proud? 

And so we finished one graduation and are just waiting for the next. My predictions for how she'll be at her next graduations:
Middle School: all time dorky high, starting to think Mom and especially Dad are really lame, her younger sister is clearly annoying, still loves Justin
High School : everybody knows her Mom and Dad are total whack jobs but somewhere secretly thinks maybe their o.k., maybe,  is ready to blow small town U.S.A., looks out for her younger sister and gets bailed out of jail by her big brother
College: o.k. Mom and maybe Dad kind of know what their doing, buys beer for little sister, hangs out with big brother and is over Bieber fever now that he has been married and divorced twice and came out of the closet once.

3 comments:

  1. Why does the recap of the various graduations seem like a replay of your life? Only instead of Justin Beiber it was Ricky Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a bit depressing when you put it that way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete